|Links||Website Facebook Email|
|When||10/10/2015 - 17/10/2015|
|Where||Castel Rigone, Italy|
More Details when you log-in
Oct 10 to 17, 2015
Understanding Milonguero, Salon and Nuevo Styles
What characterizes milonguero, salon and nuevo? Do you know the difference? Do you have a preference?
We believe that each style offers beautiful and unique resources for expression, and that the best tango is that which is well-danced and expressive, beyond labels. This series of workshops was designed from this point of view. Our goal is to give students a better understanding of the different styles of social tango and to equip them with an expanded set of resources for expressing the music.
More specifically, we will explore:
• the techniques for walking in each style, looking at their inherent staccato, legato and pendular qualities;
• some of the vocabulary that is characteristic of each style, including the tiniest and most playful (and useful!) milonguero turns, sublime salon turns with sacadas, enrosques and planeos, and dynamic nuevo turns combined with very gently led (but very powerful!) boleos;
• most importantly, how to apply the different techniques to rhythmic, melodic and dramatic music, matching the quality of movement to the quality of the sound and making your own choices to create personal interpretations.
Daniela and Luis have quickly gained renown for their deep grasp on body mechanics as well as analytical, logical and detail-oriented teaching style. Their ultimate goal is to help students achieve better quality of movement, develop a comfortable, subtle and sensitiveconnection with the partner, increase their body awareness and find their own unique voice in the dance. Students in their classes can expect a wealth of information on tango technique, encouragement to push boundaries, lots of hands-on instruction and a healthy dose of humor to complement the mix.
Tango weeks at Villa La Rogaia
- The Location: Spend a relaxing week at Villa La Rogaia, an old country house with a large garden. It is situated in the hills above Lake Trasimeno between Rome and Florence. Participants stay in individually crafted double or single rooms (shared bathroom for 3 to 4 persons) or in holiday apartments (for two persons, with private bathroom and kitchenette), partly at the village of Castel Rigone at 4 km distance from La Rogaia.
- Profit from individual teaching: our classes are limited to 9 participating couples. There is enough space to practice and of course dancing every night. And if your feet or your back hurt: we offer wellness massages and beauty treatment.
- Classes will be held for approximately three hours per day, allowing for plenty of time to enjoy the surroundings of the villa and to go for trips to the nearby lake or towns.
- Enjoy our hearty and healthy breakfast and authentic Umbrian cuisine freshly prepared by Mamma Ornella for dinner .
- Get inspired by Italy’s wealth of culture and history: We can arrange art historical tours to Arezzo, Assisi or Perugia and more.
- Visit with us lovely Milongas nearby and meet the local Tango community