|Links||Website Facebook Email|
|When||05/03/2014 - 09/03/2014|
More Details when you log-in
TanGO TO Istanbul, a comprehensive and international festival of tango music and dance, is the premier event of IstanbulTANGO.
The festival is a 5-day rendezvous in Istanbul, where Tango dancers from throughout the world will meet to share their knowledge and experience, dance with joy, and make new friends. In the daytime, unlike other festivals, you will have the opportunity not only to take classes but also to take part in uniquely Turkish activities with your Tango companions: On Friday, we will arrange a boat tour of the Bosphorus as a milonga so that you can have a unique expriance that you have never had before. We believe that this will give you the opportunity for a versatile and fulfilling Istanbul experience.
During the festival days, be prepared for a rich and exciting program, including:
– Amazing Milongas in significiant venues of Istanbul
– Milonga COLOR TANGO Live
– Milonga ROULETTE TANGO Live
– Milonga LA TIPICA SANATA Live
– Amazing DJ-cast
– Carefully selected classes including “Women and Men Technique” from World Renowned Maestros
– Musicality Seminer for Tango Dancers from Orchestra COLOR TANGO
– Milonga on BOSPHORUS between Asia and Europe (Boat Milonga)
– Non-Stop Dancing “Up to 50 Hours Milonga” (including Night, Daytime, Boat Milongas)
– Tango footwear and clothing collections,
– Theatre Concerts from Color Tango with Maestros Performances
– Special Accomodation deals for festival participants in Historical part of istanbul
– This year all classes will be in main Festival hotel (Ottoman Legacy Hotel-Sirkeci)
– Shuttles from Festival Hotels to all milonga venues
We will experience valuable workshops and exciting performances, given by maestros:
-Javier Rodriguez & Noelia Barsi,
– Dana Frigoli & Adrian Ferreyra,
– Sebastian Achaval & Roxana Suarez,
– Federico Naveira & Sabrino Masso,
– Sebastian Jimenez & Maria Ines Bogado,
– Federico Naveira & Sabrino Masso,
– Esref Tekinalp & Vanessa Gauch Arabacioglu.
Of course, tango is the focus of our festival. But as the slogan “TanGO TO Istanbul” implies, we think that the city of Istanbul should take the lead, so that you can follow the sound and rhythm of this wonderful place. On Friday, a Bosphorus cruise awaits, in which you can enjoy the colorful shoreline or dance to our DJ’s selection of tangos. Yes, this cruise will be a milonga as well as a tour which will be held between 2 continents; Europe and Asia.
The Bosphorus cruise was one of the most talked-about activities during last year’s festival, so we have expanded it with a larger boat this time, with a fully wooden floor for a more comfortable dance experience. To ensure an even mix, make your reservations as soon as possible, as we are limited to 90 slots for women, and 90 for men.Apart from the performances by our featured Maestros, you will also enjoy amazing shows of carefully selected international guest dancers. As one of the famous Argentine tango instructors says: “The music is the leader.” That is why we have invited well-known DJs, who bring their experience from numerous international tango festivals. With their festival-tested tango selections, you can be sure to dance joyfully until the morning. Finally thanks to our special agreement with special Hotels . Don’t miss the opportunity to stay at this centrally located, classy hotels at VERY LOW prices.
So we hope to see you in March, the best time of year in Istanbul, where we can tango together into the spring!