|Links||Website Facebook Email|
|When||05/05/2016 - 08/05/2016|
More Details when you log-in
Meet old and new milonguero friends from all over Europe at our ‘Encuentro de Brujas’
Over the years the medieval canal city of Bruges has gone by many names: City of Romance, Venice of the North, the City That Time Forgot and Cultural Capital of Europe (back in 2002). However, none of these titles accurately captures the enchanting city of Bruges. The historic centre of Bruges is on the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites and has many interesting and beautiful places to visit, where it seems as if time has stood still. With the city centre closed off to heavy traffic, all the splendour and culture of this city can easily be explored on foot, by boat ride along quiet canals, or by horse-drawn carriage among cobblestone streets
This event is a meeting for experienced close embrace dancers. Dancers who like to dance on traditional tango music organized in tandas and cortinas.
Dancers who like to create together a good ‘dance ronda’ atmosphere by respecting the following ‘milonguero codes’ :
• We invite to dance through the classic ‘mirada y cabeceo’.
• We enter the dance floor, respecting those who are already dancing.
• We dance in close embrace.
• We maintain a fluid speed, in touch with the other dancers, and leave some space for the couple in front of us.
• We leave the dance floor at the end of each tanda.
We use separate seating for men and women.